Apply to Be an HRBP
HR Business Partner Application
This is a remote position.
vChief is searching for independent consultants interested in providing Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) services to our clients. This work is largely part-time for each client, between 20 – 160 hours per month, typically on a long-term basis. Our clients are incredibly varied, from CEOs & COOs, to small business owners, to nonprofit executive directors, to entrepreneurs, to leaders in government and academia. The Human Resources Business Partner role requires a high level of content expertise–across talent acquisition, learning and development, benefits administration, Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), compliance, employee relations, and more–while also demanding the ability to provide thought partnership to executive leaders and build relationships across functions and levels. vChief HRBPs will engage and support clients to build strong, durable HR systems and processes, develop their employees, and build an engaged staff culture in line with their core values.
Founded in 2016, vChief is focused on connecting business leaders with fractional and interim executives and support to meet their unique needs. We recruit, select and vet proven subject matter professionals with experience spanning from, but not limited to, HR, business operations, project management, strategy, board management, communications/marketing and development. vChief provides fractional and interim services to leaders and executives at start-ups, small and medium businesses, non-profits and education-based organizations. This support model is perfect for leaders who need to focus on large strategic initiatives and maximize their impact across the full organization, but don’t need permanent or full-time capacity. Bottom line – Fractional executives and supporters are there to get the job done, providing the benefits of specialization and experience to meet a variety of needs.
Who You Are
Does the description below align with your professional superpowers and past accomplishments? If so, we encourage you to apply!
You are a first-class communicator. You know how to deliver information clearly and efficiently in a variety of formats. In your interactions with clients, you take time to deeply understand their vision and expectations, align on a vision for success, and determine how you’ll communicate as you make progress toward your goals. You keep others informed at the right level on an ongoing basis as you manage projects.
You have a passion for people and process. You build strong systems to keep your work moving forward efficiently while never losing sight of the people impacted by the processes you’re managing. You’re able to hold a high level of nuance as you navigate complex relationships and conflicts; entry-level employees and C-suite leaders feel equally at ease and supported in your interactions with them. You’re known for your ability to toggle between strategy and execution with ease.
You are on the cutting edge of HR. You are proactive in staying informed about the latest HR tools, best practices, and resources to best support your clients and their teams. You are conversant in topics related to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) and bring a DEIB lens to everything you do.
You are an agile performer. As you monitor progress toward your goals, you shift nimbly to address changes or challenges that arise. You are energized by finding a path forward in situations where it isn’t always immediately clear–in other words, you’re solutions-oriented in your approach to supporting clients. You leverage data to inform your decisions and advise leaders in their decision-making processes.
Responsibilities Ranges From (not limited to):
- Train, coach, and advise leaders on topics across the HR function, including but not limited to: employee relations matters, union negotiations, performance management, compliance, and compensation.
- Support leaders in strategizing and planning around people strategy and culture; leverage expertise in best practices in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB).
- Design and implement HR practices and policies and develop employee handbooks.
- Develop employee benefits structures and packages.
- Develop performance management systems and practices.
- Provide full-cycle recruitment services, including creation of job descriptions and hiring materials, hiring process and timeline development, and candidate sourcing and evaluation.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal employment regulations in collaboration with legal counsel/firms.
- Evaluate, select, implement, and/or maintain Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
- Train and develop managers on performance management and employee development.
- Work with leadership, outside consultants, and/or other HR team members to set compensation policy and communicate that policy to employees.
- Develop staff training and learning and development opportunities.
- Liaise with finance on matters related to payroll administration.
- Oversee HR data management; analyze HR data to drive decision-making and provide actionable recommendations to leaders.
Education & Prior Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in HR business partner / HR generalist roles
- SHRM or PHR certification desired
- Strong history of promotions and progression in roles with demonstrable results desired
Compensation for this role is on a contract basis. We offer a starting range of $70-85 per hour and possibility of annual bonuses based on performance and dependent on business performance.
Contractors are required to have an LLC and carry liability insurance.
Take Control of Your Career
Make an Impact Without Going Full-Time
Focus on high-value, strategic work that drives tangible results at notable organizations. Leverage your skills and experience outside the confines of a 9-to-5.
Find Fulfillment Through Flexibility
Work remotely from anywhere with flexible hours and the freedom to vary your hours seasonally according to your availability. Build your career around your life to bring your best self to every pursuit.
Upskill, Reskill, or Test Drive a New Field
Find work that leaves you energized and fulfilled with our detailed, individualized talent matching process. Return to the workforce after a break, hone new skills, or gain exposure to new opportunities without a long-term commitment. We take great care to ensure that all assignments are mutually beneficial to our clients and our talent.
Achieve Your Goals Faster
Achieve your next career milestone faster by letting us handle the logistics. Our diverse and extensive pool of clients eliminates the need for independent business development, providing employment opportunities that match your goals. And our billing terms ensure you get paid fast, via ACH, without the hassle of invoicing individual clients.